About Me

My photo
Bucharest, Romania
Hello, I am a woman who is writing, living and travelling in Europe, trying to make the most from her life without destroying anything. Mother, wife, employer, lover of fine things, art and culture. Things have been modernized over the last 10 years throughout the world - I haven't.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Winter Has Come !

It has been raining in the last 24 hours and the south of Romania is now covered in snow.
This is the old house across the street- I see it every day when I walk by and I have always loved it. This is what it looks like today:








This is another splendour - a corner house representative for the late 19th century architecture. Unfortunately, just like the one across my house it should be carfully renovated...









Well,  these are some old oak trees .
I wonder how many generations of children have walked by it , just like I did it as a young little girl.










Finally, a perfect proof of the saying: " The way to hell is paved with good intentions'. The peole who bought this house wanted to fix it and make it a " modern" thing.... How horrible this one looks painted in lime and without its original plaster moulding , you can see from the picture below.

1 comment:

  1. There is a part of Cape Town with very colorful houses, see http://wilddarkness.com/visit-cape-town-south-africa/, perhaps your street will one day look like that street!

    ReplyDelete